Saturday

The Anatomics and Economics of Drinking

I awoke in my bed Friday morning at 7:15 am and noticed a few things. The room was moving, I had to go to the bathroom and, for lack of a more sensical metaphor, my elbow hurt so bad I thought my arm had been amputated. Piecing together my previous evening at Nexus, it became clear that all these symptoms shared a root cause: I had overdone it a bit, as they say.

The second worst decision I made that night was to drink and drive (my bike, that is) home. Alcohol is a powerful balance inhibitor, and I had eaten it epically in what I'm sure was a comedic display of flailing limbs and alcohol-induced futility. But the worst decision, by far, was spending all 200 kroners I had in my wallet on 10 beverages over the course of 5 hours. The more I thought about it, the more troubled I became.

Those 200 kroners could have purchased not one, but two american-sized plates of mexican food at Taco Shop, complete with drink. Or, even sadder, a sweet new pair of Bjorn Borgs. Instead, I chose to disperse that unit of purchasing power on a bundle of goods that yielded dehydration, impaired judgment, and my right elbow the appearance of raw meat. For shame, Ben Jones, for shame.

I'm sure college professors frown on all of their students' weekend binge drinking tendencies, but at least my economics professor can rest easy knowing that I learned an important lesson about consumer preferences. I'm never drinking again. Well, at least until tonight anyways.

1 comment:

  1. Yar! First time reading, and it's great, Ben! Although I coulda told you that lesson about drinking and bicycling before you started. Lesson learned? Heh. NEVER!

    So when I had to start a blog for an English class back in undergrad, I hated how nobody posted any comments. I shall start a trend! ...or at least one I will follow myself.

    ReplyDelete